Today, we try some filled wafer cookies. This snack goes back a long way, but are they still something worth eating in today’s snack world?
Each week, our expert panel samples and compares a variety of snacks from the well-known to the obscure. We cover all the bases from the salty to the sweet. Satisfy your hunger as well as your curiosity and join us as we eat, talk about and discover everything there is to know about snacks.
Today, we’ll find out which cookie we prefer. Will it be the one from Nabisco, Voortman Bakery or Bauducco?
We go deep on a variety of topics:
- What is the origin of the wafer type cookie?
- When did the crème filled commercial varieties appear?
- What is the history of the companies producing these cookies?
- How does the texture of the cookie and crème compare across manufacturers?
- Important snack news of the week
Come snack with us every week. The Snack Authority is a member of the United Podcast Network and is recorded live in front of a studio audience at the Studio 21 Podcast Café upstairs at Two Guys Smoke Shop in Salem, NH.